According to a recently published Fact.MR report, the global release coatings market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% between 2021 and 2031. Demand for release coatings is expected to increase over the forecast period and the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% through the end of 2031.
Release coatings are used extensively in the medical industry to provide lubrication in antimicrobial liquids, water repellent polymers, etc. Release coatings are also in high demand for the development of drug release coatings.
As a result, the growing requirements of the medical industry have significantly boosted the growth of release coating manufacturers.
Download sample copy of this report:
According to the “Global Spending on Health- A World in Transition” report published by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2019, global health spending is rapidly shifting and domestic spending is growing rapidly. Out of pocket and public money, this in turn is having a positive impact on the global healthcare industry.
As noted in the report, two years after the start of the Sustainable Development Goals era, global health spending continues to rise. In 2017, it was $7.8 trillion, or about 10% of gross domestic product (GDP), or $1,080 per capita. up from US$7.6 trillion in 2016. This points to an upcoming opportunity awaiting players dealing with release coatings.
Main content of research
- Silicone materials continue to be the top selling category.
- High demands from tapes and labels, sanitary products to sales promotion
- China will remain at the forefront of Asia Pacific, the world’s largest market for release coatings.
- The United States will dominate North America in release coatings.
- Germany attracts attention in Europe with release coating agent sales
- The UK, France, Japan and Canada are lucrative for stakeholders in the release coatings industry.
“Increasing demand for silicone release coatings combined with manufacturers targeting key applications such as tapes and labels, hygiene products, and medical devices will boost the market value of release coatings in the future,” said a Fact.MR analyst.
The global release coatings market is increasingly competitive and growing with key players. To capitalize on the high market potential, key market players are focusing on the quality and quantity of their products. for example,
- Rayven, Inc. has introduced a wide range of new release coatings and liners over the past five years, such as Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Release Liners, High Density Polyethylene Release Liners, and more.
- Mayzo, Inc. introduced a new range of non-silicone release coatings for pressure-sensitive self-adhesive substrates such as PE, PP, PET, PVC, cloth, foil and paper several years ago.
Key players in the release coatings market
- Abbott Labs
- dow dupont
- Evonik Industries AG
- Hitac Adhesives and Coatings Inc.
- Meizo Co., Ltd.
- Momentive Performance Materials, Inc.
- Omnova Solutions
Key sectors covered in the release coatings industry survey
- tapes and labels
- Medical treatment
- Other applications
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- south asia
Growing requirements in hygiene sector driving sales of release coatings
Release coatings are widely used in a variety of hygiene and personal care products. for example,
- The soft and easy release force of the release coating ensures noiseless operation of the sanitary napkin
- Excellent hold of release coatings for machine finished craft paper or non-woven fabrics, making them highly effective in sanitary products.
As a result, surge in demand from the sanitary sector is driving release coating sales. According to the “Cosmetics and Personal Care Industry Overview” report published by the personal care association Cosmetics Europe, Europe’s cosmetics, hygiene and personal care industry, valued at €79.8 billion at retail sales value in 2019, is the world’s largest. As stated in the report, the industry is estimated to generate at least €29 billion of added value to the European economy each year.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, Maryland 20852
Phone: +1 (628) 251-1583
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org