As per a new industry analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, the global vitreous tamponades market is valued at US$ 78.3 million in 2023 and is predicted to reach US$ 105.2 million by the end of 2033.
In retinal detachment vitrectomy procedures, vitreous tamponades are utilised as postoperative instruments. Vitreous tamponades are widely used to treat several retinal conditions, including retinal detachment, macular hole, epiretinal membrane, retinitis pigmentosa, diabetic retinopathy, retinal degeneration, macular edoema, uveitis, vascular occlusion, and retinopathy of prematurity. Eye surgery called vitreoretinal surgery is performed to treat complications with the retina, vitreous fluid, and macula. Because the eye is an extremely delicate organ and eye surgery needs accuracy, doctors use a variety of aids when performing vitreoretinal procedures.
Download Sample Copy of This Report: –
Key Companies Profiled
- AL.CHI.MI.A. Srl
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center International BV (D.O.R.C.)
- Fluron GmbH
- Novartis AG
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
Over the projection period, an increase in vitreoretinal procedures is anticipated to drive demand for vitreous tamponades. Senior patients are more likely to undergo vitreoretinal operations. The demand for vitreoretinal surgeries is anticipated to rise as the world’s ageing population increases, which is directly anticipated to drive the sales of vitreous tamponades over the projected period.
Manufacturers of vitreous tamponades could benefit greatly from the rising prevalence of vision disorders. Furthermore, throughout the projection period, it is anticipated that recent technological improvements such as automation and convenience of use of vitreoretinal surgery technologies would enhance the acceptance of vitreous tamponades and raise their sales.
North America, followed by Europe, are expected to dominate the global vitreous tamponades market over the decade.
Key Segments of Vitreous Tamponades Industry Research
- By Product :
- Gaseous Tamponades
- Liquid Tamponades
- Silicone Oil
- Perfluorocarbon Liquid
- By End User :
- Ophthalmology Clinics
- By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Global demand for vitreous tamponades is expected to increase at a CAGR of 3% from 2023-2033.
- China’s market for vitreous tamponades is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 3% during the projected period.
- Sales of glass tamponades are expected to rise at a CAGR of 3% during the forecast period.
- Demand for liquid tamponades is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 3% during the next 10 years.
“Rising cases of diabetic retinopathy worldwide is boosting the demand for vitreous tamponades,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Top market players are highly investing in R&D for the advancements of vitreous tamponades. The leading companies are also focusing on new product launches, collaborations, partnerships, and more to increase their revenue shares.
- BVI introduced CryoTreq in Europe in April 2020. This handheld cryosurgery tool is intended to be used just once to treat retinal tears and detachments. For retinal tears and detachments, CryoTreq is a minimally-invasive ab externo treatment that provides a substitute for laser photocoagulation, particularly for lesions closer to the forefront of the eye.
Get Full Access of This Premium Report:
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Healthcare
Our healthcare consulting team guides organizations at each step of their business strategy by helping you understand how the latest influencers account for operational and strategic transformation in the healthcare sector. Our expertise in recognizing the challenges and trends impacting the global healthcare industry provides indispensable insights and support – encasing a strategic perspective that helps you identify critical issues and devise appropriate solutions.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
E Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org