The use of biological products, such as growth factors, enzymes, and skin substitutes, for the treatment of various types of wounds is referred to as the wound care biologics market. These biologics aid in reducing the risk of infections and other complications while speeding up the healing of wounds. Growth factors, skin substitutes, and enzymes are some of the product types used in the wound care biologics market segmentation. The most popular class of biologics are growth factors, which aid in the stimulation of the wound-healing process by encouraging cell growth and tissue regeneration.
The rising prevalence of chronic wounds, such as diabetic foot ulcers and venous leg ulcers, and the ageing population are what are driving the growth of the wound care biologics market. The market is expanding as a result of the rising demand for cutting-edge wound care products that offer better patient outcomes.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7828
Key Segments of Wound Care Biologics Industry Research
- By Product:
- Biologic Skin Substitutes
- Topical Agents
- By Wound Type:
- Surgical & Traumatic Wounds
- By End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Burn Centers & Wound Clinics
- By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
Key players in the wound care biologics market are Acell, Anika Therapeutics, Integra Lifesciences, Kerecis, Marine Polymer Technologies, Mimedx Group, Mölnlycke Health Care AB (Investor AB), Organogenesis, Osiris Therapeutics, and Smith & Nephew.
Sales will rise over the coming years as a result of advancements in biologic wound healing treatment. To create high-quality wound care biologic solutions, major companies in the wound care biologics business spend a lot of money on research and development.
- In July 2022, the biologics company Tides Medical introduced the tri-layer skin graft Artacent AC to treat complicated or difficult-to-treat wounds.
- In order to advance the treatment of burns and wounds sustained during combat, the U.S. Department of Defense granted MIMEDX USD 4.6 million in May 2022 to study PURION-processed Dehydrated Human Amnion Chorion Membrane (DHACM).
Key Companies Profiled
- Anika Therapeutics
- Integra Lifesciences
- Marine Polymer Technologies
- Mimedx Group
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB (Investor AB)
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Smith & Nephew
How is Demand for Wound Care Biologics Treatment Expected to Shape Up in the U.S.?
Increasing prevalence of diabetic foot ulcers can be ascribed to the high sales growth of wound care biologics.
- About 10% of diabetic patients experience chronic foot ulcers, according to Azura Vascular Care.
Diabetes patients’ bodies don’t get enough oxygen, which slows down wound healing and makes them more vulnerable to bacterial and fungal skin conditions.
Moreover, during the anticipated period, the demand for biological skin substitutes in aesthetic operations would boost the growth of the U.S. wound care biologics market.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583