In terms of volume, a CAGR of 6.9% has been slated for the global food service packaging market throughout the forecast period (2017-2026), according to a new Fact.MR report. Worldwide sales of food service packaging are poised to account for over US$ 170,000 Mn revenues by 2026-end.
With surging health-consciousness among consumers across the globe, numerous commercial as well as non-commercial foodservice outlets, with healthy and nutritious meal offerings, have emerged since the recent past, enabling consumers in curbing their calorie intake. This is further creating the need for efficient & effective packaging solutions in the foodservice settings. Additionally, changing consumer demand patterns regarding food packaging, growing preference for ready-to-eat foods, and increasing emphasis on utilization of convenient packaging have fuelled demand for foodservice packaging.
Players in the food service packaging market have been introducing innovative packaging solutions for takeaway & home delivery food. These players have been implementing many innovations in food service packaging that include compostable and biodegradable packaging. In the recent past, corrugated packaging has gained huge traction in the foodservice sector on the back of their thermal properties, prevention of food products from releases & spills, and the ability of retaining freshness of food for extended duration. Many players in the market have also commenced introducing sustainable foodservice packaging solutions, meanwhile constantly investing in R&D activities associated with recyclable & reusable packaging materials.
Click HERE To get a SAMPLE (Including Full TOC, Table & Figures) at
Key Companies Profiled
- Huhtamaki Oyj
- Amcor Plc
- Genpak LLC
- Linpac Packaging
- Pactiv LLC
- D&W Fine Pack
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Stanpac Inc.
- Smurfit Kappa Group
- WestRock Company
- DS Smith
Key Points Covered in Food Service Packaging Industry Survey:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2016-2031)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Assessment by Product Grade / Purity / Formulation Standards
- Assessment of Import Price, Bulk Price, Contractual Price, Producer / Distributor Price
Have A Query? Ask An Analyst
9 Key Future Projections of Food Service Packaging Market for the Forecast Period 2017-2026 (In Terms of Volume)
- North America will continue to hold the largest market share, with sales pegged to exceed 15,500 ‘000 tons by 2026-end. Sales of food service packaging products in North America are set to exhibit the highest CAGR through 2026.
- Food service packaging sales in Europe and Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) are expected to account for nearly similar shares of the market by 2026-end. However, sales in APEJ will record a relatively faster growth than those in Europe through 2026.
- On the basis of product type, plates will remain dominant in the market, succeeded by cups. Sales of these two food service packaging products are collectively estimated to exceed 21,000 ‘000 tons by 2026-end.
- The market shares of bowls and shallow trays among products are poised to remain approximately equal by 2026-end. In addition, clamshell containers are likely to prevail as fast-selling products in the market.
- Among packaging materials, polyethylene terephthalate (PET, PETE, PETG or polyester) is expected to retain its largest share of the market during the forecast period. However, sales of aluminum and molded fiber are set to record a relatively faster growth in the market through 2026.
- Polypropylene and clay-coated cardboard are expected to register a parallel sales growth through 2026. Demand for these two packaging materials will witness a slight decline between 2017 and 2026.
- Foodservice outlets will continue to be the most lucrative application of foodservice packaging. Food service packaging will also record significant sales for application in alcoholic beverages and takeaway meals during the forecast period.
- Alcoholic beverages and ready-to-drink beverages will remain fast-expanding applications of foodservice packaging.
- Thermoforming is anticipated to remain preferred among fabrication type for foodservice packaging, followed by die cutting.
Key Segments Covered
- Food Service Packaging for Plates
- Food Service Packaging for Shallow Trays
- Food Service Packaging for Cups
- Food Service Packaging for Bowls
- Food Service Packaging for Bottles
- Food Service Packaging for Cans
- Food Service Packaging for Single Serve Portion Packs
- Food Service Packaging for Clamshell Containers (Hinge Lid Containers)
- Food Service Packaging for Two Piece Containers (Separate Lid Containers)
- Food Service Packaging for Others (Foil, Paper and Pouches)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET, PETE, PETG or polyester) Food Service Packaging Material
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Food Service Packaging Material
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Food Service Packaging Material
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) Food Service Packaging Material
- Polypropylene (PP) Food Service Packaging Material
- Polystyrene (PS) Food Service Packaging Material
- Aluminum Food Service Packaging Material
- Clay Coated Cardboard Food Service Packaging Material
- Molded Fiber Food Service Packaging Material
Full Access of this Exclusive Report is Available at-
- Packaging for Foodservice Outlets
- Food Service Packaging for Bakery Products
- Food Service Packaging for Takeaway Meals
- Food Service Packaging for On-the-Go Breakfast
- Food Service Packaging for Institutional Food Services
- Food Service Packaging for Online Food Ordering
- Food Service Packaging for Dairy Products
- Food Service Packaging for Alcoholic Beverages
- Food Service Packaging for Ready to Drink Beverages
- Food Service Packaging for Other Applications
- Thermoforming-based Food Service Packaging
- Die Cutting-based Food Service Packaging
- Injection Molding-based Food Service Packaging
Explore More Trending Reports of Fact.MR
Cordless Planer Market Forecast, Trends Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Review 2021 to 2031
Dynamic Compactor Market Forecast, Trends Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Review 2021 to 2031
Surgical Mesh Market Forecast Trend Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Review 2021 to 2031 ( https://www.factmr.com/report/surgical-mesh-market )
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions.We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai.While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise.Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed.
Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU),
Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates