The global eco-friendly food packaging market is expected to reach a size of US$ 380 billion by the end of 2032, as per data released by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
The market for eco-friendly food packaging is expanding as a result of rising consumer awareness of the harmful effects of utilizing single-use and non-biodegradable plastic goods for food packing. The environment is being negatively impacted by the widespread use of single-use and non-biodegradable plastic packaging materials. Plastic takes many years to disintegrate in a landfill, and throughout that time, it remains in the environment, harming the environment in various ways and ultimately endangering the lives of people, animals, and plants.
Get More Insights: https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7811
The food business is switching to products manufactured from paper or compostable substitutes for single-use plastic straws, lids, closures, caps, cups, and food trays. Due to shifting customer tastes towards packaged and convenient food items, product demand in the food industry will continue to rise.
Market expansion has been fueled by consumer dissatisfaction with conventional packaging and government pressure to switch to eco-friendly materials. To lessen their ecological footprint, several firms recently embraced green packaging solutions. The market for eco-friendly food packaging is being driven by strict government restrictions and technological advancements in the packaging industry to produce packaging using non-petroleum goods. The market is also being fueled by advanced goods such as edible and water-soluble packaging.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Demand for reusable packaging is projected to rise at a CAGR of 7% from 2022 to 2032
- Market in Japan is forecasted to progress at a CAGR of 6% over the forecast period (2022-2032).
- The global eco-friendly food packaging market is valued at US$ 190 billion in 2022.
- Market in Germany is estimated to develop at a CAGR of 6.5% through 2032.
Segments of Eco-friendly Food Packaging Industry Research
- By Type:
- Recycled Content Packaging
- Degradable Packaging
- Reusable Packaging
- By Material:
- Paper & Paperboard
- By Application:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages
“BPA and benzene, which are frequently found in packaging materials and are hazardous to human health, can occasionally cause cancer, high blood pressure, and lung problems. Since consumers are now aware of all the negative effects of such packaging, they prefer biodegradable packaging materials over other unsustainable materials,” says a Fact.MR analyst
- Mondi plc
- Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- PaperFoam bv
- Amcor plc
- Ball Corporation
- BASF SE
- Berry Global, Inc.
- Crown Holdings, Inc.
- Elopak AS
- GWP Packaging
- Huhtamäki Oyj
- Smurfit Kappa Group plc
- Sonoco Products Company
Major players in the market are reinventing packaging materials and reimagining designs by working with end-user companies. The coordinated initiatives aim to increase the usage of recyclable and biodegradable materials, as well as their reusability and energy efficiency.
To increase the speed and flexibility of manufacturing processes and supply the appropriate packaging solutions, key producers are investing in extrusion coating and resin reclamation technology, which is projected to contribute to market expansion.
- In 2019, utilizing high-speed flow wrap technology, Nestle Company unveiled a new recyclable paper wrapper for its ‘YES’ snack bars. This launch opened the door for the widespread use of recyclable paper packaging in the confectionery industry.
- In 2020, Ball Corporation confirmed the five aluminum packaging plants with the greatest operational and social sustainability advancements, along with developments in the areas having the greatest sustainability impact across processes, publicity of aluminum packaging sustainability credentials, and involvement in their local communities.