The market for canes and crutches is expected to grow significantly in the coming years as the population ages and the prevalence of disabilities rises. Canes and crutches are mobility aids that allow people with limited mobility to walk and move around more easily and safely.
The prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis also influences sales of canes and crutches. The prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis is estimated to be around 460 per 100,000 people, according to the National Library of Medicine. Patients with this condition require assistance to walk comfortably, so sales of assistive equipment such as canes and crutches have increased.
Furthermore, the rising incidence of sports injuries and road accidents is expected to drive demand for canes and crutches over the next seven years. As a result, manufacturers are focusing on developing advanced products that provide maximum user comfort. For example, in 2019, Flexmotiv, a new startup founded by IIT Delhi students, released the world’s first self-standing automotive crutches.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4419
Which Key Determinants are Expected to Shape Future Sales of Canes and Crutches?
- Aging population: The global population is aging, and this demographic trend is expected to increase the demand for mobility aids such as canes and crutches.
- Prevalence of mobility impairments: The prevalence of mobility impairments is increasing due to factors such as sedentary lifestyles, obesity, and chronic conditions such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis. This trend is expected to drive the demand for canes and crutches.
- Technological advancements: Technological advancements in the design and materials used for canes and crutches are expected to drive sales by providing more comfortable, lightweight, and durable products.
- Awareness and education: Increased awareness and education about mobility impairments and the benefits of using canes and crutches are expected to drive sales by encouraging more people to seek out these devices.
- Regulatory environment: Changes in the regulatory environment, such as new safety standards or reimbursement policies, could have an impact on the sales of canes and crutches
- Growing prevalence of bone and joint disorders is anticipated to boost the canes and crutches market during the assessment period.
- Declining prices of canes and crutches are making them more affordable to patients, thereby, driving sales.
- Easy availability of canes and crutches on e-commerce platforms will support growth in the cranes and crutches market.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=4419
Highlights of the canes and crutches market study
- The provision of grants and insurance to disabled people, especially in the US and UK, increases the accessibility quotient, thus leading to a greater adoption of canes, crutches and similar accessories.
- Robotic assistance systems are good substitutes, which could discourage the prospects of selling canes and crutches to some extent. However, the high costs associated with these new systems could hinder their adoption to some extent.
- The online availability of assistive systems is a major driver of the canes and crutches market, as discounts and deals are powerful tools to close sales. Sales through the aforementioned channel are expected to witness a CAGR of approximately 3.9% during the forecast period (2020-2027).
- The implementation of quadruple sticks extending beyond disabled people to the elderly population would continue to induce high rates of stick adoption. Sales of canes are expected to remain 63% higher than crutches and associated accessories during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape :
In order to meet the shifting demands of consumers and patients around the world, top cane and crutch suppliers are concentrating on releasing new, cutting-edge products that are integrated with smart technologies.
The launch of CAN Go has been scheduled for May 2022, according to CAN Mobilities, a company established with the goal of advancing human mobility. A smart cane is the new product, which combines cutting-edge sensors with mobile and web interfaces to assist those who have mobility issues while keeping them safe and independent.
Key Companies Profiled
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- DeVilbiss Healthcare
- GF Health Products Inc.
- Besco Medical
- NOVA Medical Products
- Sunrise Medical
Medline Industries Inc.