Thoracic drainage devices are items used to drain excess blood, fluid, or air from the chest cavity or pleural space in the healthcare business. These devices are widely used to treat patients suffering from illnesses such as pneumothorax, hemothorax, pleural effusion, or empyema. The market for thoracic drainage devices is being driven by an increase in the prevalence of lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), as well as an increase in the number of procedures affecting the chest cavity. The creation of unique and imaginative items that are more effective and easier to use as a consequence of technical improvements has also spurred market expansion.
Thoracic drainage devices on the market include chest tubes, thoracentesis catheters, pleural drainage systems, and thoracoscopy equipment. These instruments can be used in a variety of therapeutic settings, including clinics, hospitals, and ambulatory surgery centers.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7804
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global market for thoracic drainage devices is currently valued at US$ 688 million.
- The market is projected to reach US$ 1.07 billion by 2032.
- China’s thoracic drainage devices market is predicted to rise at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2022 to 2032.
- Demand for thoracic drainage devices utilized in thoracic surgeries and pulmonology is expected to rise at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2022 to 2032.
The rise in chronic disease cases is the main factor behind the development of thoracic drainage devices. Thoracic drainage device industry leaders are implementing cutting-edge technologies and product line optimization techniques based on end-user usability.
- Blackpool Victoria Hospital announced in October 2020 that it had partnered with Medela Healthcare and would use Medela’s transportable chest drainage device Thopaz+ to reduce the likelihood of Covid-19 spreading in its respiratory wards.
- In March 2021, FourKites and Cardinal Health, Inc. formed a global partnership to improve the tracking of medical supplies, medications, first aid kits, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in transit to pharmacies, hospitals, and other care facilities around the world. FourKites’ outstanding analytics and tracking capabilities were expected to help Cardinal Health improve supply chain procedures and enable a quick, dependable, and frictionless experience for the 29,000 dispensaries and nearly 90% of American hospitals that rely on Cardinal Health for essential supplies.
Key Companies Profiled
- ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH & Co., KG.
- Becton, Dickinson Company
- Cook Group, Inc.
- Maquet Holding B.V. & Co. KG
- Medela, Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- Sinapi Biomedical
- Smiths Medical
- Teleflex Inc.
- Utah Medical Products, Inc.
- Vygon SA
North America is the largest market for thoracic drainage devices, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. The market is highly competitive, with key players including Medtronic plc, Teleflex Incorporated, Smiths Medical, B. Braun Melsungen AG, and Cook Medical. These companies focus on developing innovative products, expanding their geographic presence, and acquiring other companies to enhance their market position.
More Valuable Insights on Offer
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global thoracic drainage devices market, presenting historical demand data (2017-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of product (pleural drainage catheters, secured needles, thoracic drainage kits, thoracic drainage systems), application (thoracic surgeries & pulmonology, cardiac surgeries, general intensive care & emergency medicine, infectious diseases, others), and end user (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty clinics, others), across five major regions of the world (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and MEA).