The methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE) market is a significant and growing industry that serves as an oxygenate in gasoline and is used as a solvent in various applications. MTBE is a colorless and flammable liquid that is primarily used as an octane booster in gasoline to improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. It is also used as a solvent in various industrial applications such as coatings, adhesives, and pharmaceuticals. The market for MTBE is expected to continue to grow in the coming years as the demand for cleaner fuels and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions increase. The automotive industry is one of the largest consumers of MTBE, as it is used to enhance the combustion of gasoline, which improves engine performance and reduces emissions
However, the use of MTBE has come under scrutiny due to its potential adverse effects on human health and the environment. Several studies have linked MTBE to groundwater contamination and health problems such as respiratory issues and neurological damage. As a result, some countries have banned or restricted the use of MTBE in gasoline, leading to a decline in its demand in those regions.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=521
Key Takeaways from the Study
- Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market was valued at US$ 16.5 Bn in 2021. According to Fact.MR, Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market revenue would increase 1.6X between 2022 and 2032, reaching roughly US$ 25.8 Bn in 2032.
- In terms of the manufacturing process, Fluid Liquid Cracker is projected to account for the highest projected CAGR of over 4.3%.
- In terms of region, North America accounts for the highest CAGR of 3.9% during 2017-21.
- U.S. is the dominant country in Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market with an absolute dollar growth opportunity of over US$ 3.4 Bn.
Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Industry Survey by Category
- Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market by Product Type :
- Derivative Grade
- Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market by Application :
- Reformulated Gasoline
- Other Applications
- Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market by End-use Industry :
- Oil & Gas
- Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market by Region :
- North America Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market
- Latin America Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market
- Europe Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market
- East Asia Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market
- South Asia & Oceania Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market
- MEA Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market
Competitive Landscape: Top Companies in Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether Market
Due to the presence of numerous regional and international players, the global market for methyl tert-butyl ether is extremely competitive and fragmented. Key players in the sector are embracing mergers and acquisitions, expansions, partnerships, and collaborations.
- In 2020, Huntsman Corporation completed the sale of Indorama Ventures, the company’s business in chemical intermediates and surfactants. The company’s capital-intensive asset base is likely to be reduced as a result of this transaction, which will also strengthen its balance sheet and increase flexibility and opportunity for strategic and accretive acquisitions.
- In 2022, Akzo Nobel N.V. completed the acquisition of Grupo Orbis, strengthening the business’ position in Latin America.
Key Companies Profiled
- Wanhua Chemical Group Co. Ltd.
- Huntsman Corporation
- Qatar Fuel Additives Company
- Petrochemical Corporation of Singapore
- Akzo Nobel
- BP Plc
- S.C Carom S.A.
- Evonik Industries AG
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Petronas Chemicals Group Berhad
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the Trivalent Chromium Finishing Market, presenting historical market data (2017-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study reveals extensive growth in Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether Market in terms of Manufacturing Processes (Steam Chemicals, Fluid Liquid Cracker, and Other Manufacturing Processes), across five regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa).